VSM Level 1
Course: Vibrational Sound Therapy (VST) Level 1
This workshop is designed to immerse the student in the ideas that make VST work. A strong knowledge base is built, which applies perfectly to the techniques used to provide the VST Therapy. This portion of the course is filled with information about the bowls, sound and sound therapy and the basics of the VST technique. The class also covers things such ans care and cleaning of the bowls, tools, and how to buy bowls. The Basic VST training includes information about personal use of the bowls for meditation and further techniques for using the bowls in a therapeutic session. In this workshop each student will have the first hands on training in using the bowls in a predescribed manner to provide a predictable outcome.
- The introduction to the VST Modality features background knowledge about the use of sound and Vibrational Sound Therapy.
- Provides the history of sound therapy and the use of singing bowls to strengthen the knowledge base of the practitioner. The history of Himalayan singing bowls is discussed and includes information on the differences between traditional Himalayan (Tibetan) singing bowls and modern Therapeutic singing bowls.
- Demonstrations and hands on instruction on using therapeutic singing bowls in the basic VST session.
- Covers placement of bowls on the body, assignment of bowls to locations, use of tools and techniques.
- Includes practical demonstrations in the physics of sound, and the basic Sound Therapy session.